- To improve quality of radio reception in AM (MW & SW) & FM bands.
- Multiple programme from same transmitter
- Digital programme production
- Revenue generation through
i) Value added services
ii) Leasing of spare channels
i) Digitalization of 98 studio's by 2012
ii) Digitalization of remaining studios by 2017
i) Digitalization of 76 MW transmitters by 2013 & remaining by 2017
ii) Digitalization of 9 SW transmitters by 2013 & remaining by 2017
iii) Digitalization of 64 FM transmitters by 2013 & remaining by 2017
i) All connectivity to be digitalized by 2012
11th Plan provisions
1. MW DRM Transmitters
Replacement - 36 Nos.
Upgradation - 4 Nos.
Conversion in DRM - 36 Nos.
2. SW DRM Transmitters
Replacement - 5 Nos.
Conversion in DRM - 4 Nos.
3. FM DRM+ Compatible Transmitters
New Procurement - 24 Nos.
Replacement - 33 Nos.
Replacement of MW by FM - 6 Nos.
Upgradation - 1 Nos.
4. Digitalization of 98 existing studios & its networking.
5. Digitalization of Archival Material
- Regional srchive (new) at Hyderabad, CBS Mumbai, Chennai & Kolkata.
- Upgradation of central archive at Delhi.
6. RNU (regional News Unit)
Automation of RNU - 44 Places
New RNU - 7 Places
New news on phone facilities - 16 Places
Upgradation of news on phone facilities - 11 Places
7. Digital Connectivity
Replacement of existing STL - 115 Places
New LES - 3 Places
L-Band RNT - 44 Places
8. Strengthening of Research & development activities