Among the items on the agenda for the HFCC Conference posted by WRMI on FB was the "first-ever presentation of a new digital shortwave receiver capable of picking up stations from around the world in crystal-clear quality."
On 23rd August my good friend and DRM enthusiast Christopher broke the news about the new DRM receiver being presented by Trans World Radio at HFCC, Miami
Here are further details and specifications :
Titus II - The Complete SDR Solution
The computing power of a quad-core tablet, the sensitivity of a high performance RF tuner and a high fidelity audio amplifier: all combined in one portable, and affordable, package. Runs any Android app: web browsing, email, games and education software. Plus, load standardized plug-ins for enhanced RF functions.
● Quad-core ARM A53 processor @ 1.2 GHz
● Android 5+/6+/Remix
● 1 GB RAM
● 8 GB FLASH
● 7" TFT (1024 x 600)
● 5 point Capacitive touch panel
● 5 Watt Stereo Audio
● High capacity Li-poly battery
● HDMI output
● USB OTG Connector
● Optional Camera
● SD Slot
Built-in RF tuner:
● High sensitivity
● Low noise
● Wideband : (100KHz to 2 GHz)
● Balanced tuned ferrite antenna (MW)
● Built-in Whip
● Jack for external antenna
● Demodulation software for AM, FM, Digital and SSB
● Open source software Radio libraries
● WiFi hotspot – Share RF broadcast and files.
External function buttons:
Volume+, Volume-, Tune+, Tune -, Set.
Top mounted for easy access even with cover in place.
Built in microphone.
External jack for earphone/microphone
Power: +5 VDC,
World-wide adapters available
Receiver has been developed by PantronX, Inc, Panama , web : http://titusradio.com