Summary of a news report (in bengali) published in banglanews24 dot com
Here's what Director General of Bangladesh Betar, Kazi Akhtar Uddin Ahmed said while responding to reporter's queries at a cultural program organised by Radio Colony Model School, Savar, Dhaka on 26th Jan 2013 :
- At present Bangladesh Betar has 13 FM transmitters of 1, 2 & 5 kW
- By next month 12 FM transmitters of 10 kW (BE FM 10S 10 kW solid-state) will be started/replaced at different places.
- During next 2 months 6 more FM transmitters of 10 kW will be on air.
- Bangladesh Betar transmissions will be gradually converted from analog to digital in the coming years.
Source : http://tinyurl.com/alx6nql
Thanks to Nazmus Sadat via IDXCI Facebook group for sharing this link.
Chittagong ( Existing 2 kW)
Comilla (existing 2 kW)
Cox's Bazar (Planned)
Dhaka (Planned/Installed ?)
Khulna ( existing 1 kW)
Rajshahi (existing 1/5 kW)
Rangpur (existing 1 kW)
Sylhet (existing 1 kW)
Excerpt from Bangladesh Betar website :
Introduction of Country wide FM Broadcast Network in Bangladesh Betar (1st Phase)
Objectives of the project:
- To establish countrywide FM Broadcasting Network throughout the whole country for high quality and noise free reception on cheap radio receivers satisfying the listener's needs.
- In order to transmit attractive and harmonious program to the remote corner of Bangladesh
- In order to motivate and inspire mass people to take part in present day nation building activities, such as Poverty alleviation/ Poverty reduction, Population Control, Farm Broadcast, adult Education, Promotion of Cultural Heritage and other development activities.
- With the advancement of modern technology, FM becomes increasingly popular because of high quality, less cost and easy in handing.
- Using modern digital studio equipment and proposed FM network. Bangladesh Betar will be able to radiate noise interference free, clear high fidelity, CD quality program, thereby satisfying the audience needs.
Location : Dhaka, Chittagong, Comilla, Cox's Bazar, Khulna, Jessore, Rajshahi, Rangpur, Sylhet and Barishal .
Project Cost (in lakh) : GOB TK. 2356.25 including foreign expenditure TK 1724.45
Expected date of completion : December, 2012
Related Link :
Broadcast Electronics (BE) awarded large transmitter contract by Bangladesh Government Radio