Dear Radio Caroline Supporter,
Join us starting this Easter Friday at 7:00 am UK time live from the Ross Revenge for a very special 11 day celebration of Radio Caroline's 47th birthday. We will be broadcasting on AM 531 to south Essex and north Kent, in addition to our Sky 0199 channel to the UK and Europe and our worldwide internet streams.
This year we have two very special gifts for those joining our Support Group or making a donation of £30 or more at any time during our Birthday Bash! Plus a chance to win some fabulous prizes.
We've designed a very special 47th Birthday Bash Live From The Ross Revenge Easter 2011 T-shirt available only to every new member or minimum donor plus a CD containing three one hour audio documentaries about Radio Caroline and offshore radio, written, produced and narrated by Paul Rowley, BBC Radio Kent's Westminster correspondent and closet anorak!
We also have dozens of spot-prizes to give away to new members and minimum donors.
Do seriously consider helping the station if you enjoy listening to us. We can only continue with your generosity.
Those listeners joining the RCSG or making one-off donations of £30 or more between Friday, April 22 and Monday May 2 UK time will receive two free gifts:
Gift 1: A CD containing three one hour Paul Rowley radio documentaries:
- The Radio Election, one of the last "untold" stories of Radio Caroline, set in May 1970, when Ronan O'Rahilly pitted himself against his arch nemesis, Harold Wilson, in an unprecedented attempt to take down the Government which had forced him off the air two years previously, against the will of the new 18+ electorate;
- The Other Radio Caroline, the story of Radio Caroline North, which at least from 1964 to 1966 was very arguably the more popular and influential of the two Radio Caroline ships; and
- When Pirates Ruled the Waves, the amazing story of offshore radio.
You will also be entered in our fabulous Prize Draw, taking place over the last three days of our Birthday Bash broadcast, April 30 to May 2, with over 40 prizes including:
- 5 pairs of weekend passes, each pair with a face value of GBP 240, to the London Feis Music Festival taking place on June 18-19, with headliners Bob Dylan and Van Morrison, and also featuring Clannad, The Waterboys, The Cranberries, The Saw Doctors, Horslips, Thin Lizzy, Jimmy Cliff and many more. All the details here.
- A very handsomely packaged box set of Bob Dylan's first 8 studio albums in their original mono versions;
- 2 iPod Shuffles, the latest model, in smart silver and black, with 2GB of storage capacity and 15 hour battery life;
- 10 DVDs of the Foo Fighters brand new documentary, Back and Forth, detailing the band's rise to fame and culminating in the recording of the band's back to basics new album in Dave Grohl's garage on analogue tape;
- "King of Limbs" CDs, Vinyl LPs and Collector's Posters from Radiohead, the latest release from the UK's most influential band of the last two decades;
- 5 DVDs of "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones" filmed in Texas on their legendary 1972 US tour with 15 of their best songs and arguably their strongest line up, with Mick Taylor on lead guitar;
- 5 copies of the soon to be released paperback edition of "Life", the widely and deservedly acclaimed autobiography of Keith Richards;
- 5 signed copies of our own Steve Conway's "Shiprocked", describing in funny and sometimes harrowing detail his life aboard the Ross Revenge in the 1980's. Each copy comes with an A4 size colour photo of the Ross Revenge at sea with her giant mast. And don't miss Steve's live shows from the Ross Revenge during our Birthday Bash.
Please also visit our Webshop during the Birthday Bash for great Caroline clothing, electronics, music, books, memorabilia and more.