2010 will see numerous celebrations held across Vietnam. These include the country's 65th national day, the 80th anniversary of the Communist Party of Vietnam, the 120th anniversary of President Ho Chi Minh's birthday, the 35th anniversary of the liberation of southern Vietnam and national reunification and the 1,000th anniversary of Thang Long-Hanoi. This year Radio the Voice of Vietnam (VOV) will also mark its 65th anniversary. To mark the occasion, VOV will launch a writing contest called "What do you know about Vietnam?" for all its listeners overseas and the Vietnamese community abroad.
- First prize will be a free week-long trip to Vietnam
- Second prize is a free 5-day trip to Vietnam
- Third prize is a free 4-day trip to Vietnam
There will also be 10 consolation prizes, each equivalent to VND1 million or US$60.
The 5 questions will be:
01. Name Vietnam's outstanding achievements in 2009 in areas such as economics, diplomacy, social welfare and poverty reduction.
02. When Vietnam took up its position as a non-permanent member of the UN Security Council during the 2008-2009 term, what contributions did it make to the UN Security Council, especially during the two months the country chaired the council?
03. How many sites and art forms in Vietnam have been recognized by UNESCO as tangible and intangible heritages of humanity and what are they?
04. In 2010, Hanoi will celebrate its 1000th anniversary and the 11 years since UNESCO recognized it as a city for peace. What do you know about Hanoi and what do you think are the factors that helped Hanoi to win the title "the city for peace"?
05. What have been the new features and developments at Voice of Vietnam Radio over the last few years?
Please include your full name, age, address including email if any and occupation in your entry.
The time for receiving entries will be from March 1st to June 30th, 2010. You will find the answers in our radio programs. Voice of Vietnam Radio wishes you every success.
(Gautam Sharma, Assam)